I have received lots of requests for a tutorial on my classic low bun, ask and you shall receive!
1. Start with hair down
2. Clip hair into three sections for teasing
3. Starting with the bottom section spray with a few spritzes of hairspray, let dry for a few seconds
4. Using a large paddle brush teach hair towards the scalp until its a rats nest
5. Go to the next section and spray a few spritzes of hairspray, let dry for a few seconds
6. Using large paddle brush, tease towards the scalp
7. Repeat for the third section
9. Run the paddle brush through hair gently to smooth the surface bumps only. Leaving the underneath mess will give your hair volume for a chicer effect.
10. Spray with Elnett for a light finishing hold
11. You get this look
12. Now use a thick ponytail band to create a low pony
13. Make sure you gently secure the hair band and tug lightly at your hair to keep it fluffed
14. You can use your comb to help “fluff” any areas that might have pulled tight in your ponytail
15. Use the comb to gently smooth any bumps moving it towards your ponytail in short wisps
16. Use your paddle brush to tease your ponytail creating more volume for your bun
17. Use a handful of pins to secure your bun
18. Try to place the bobby pins on each side of the bun (top, bottom, right, left)
See my Classic low bun versions here and here!